Interstate Paving LLC
South Central PA’s premier paving service
Why choose Interstate Paving LLC?
We are a family owned and operated asphalt paving company with over 40 years of experience. For 3 generations we have been providing central Pennsylvania with outstanding service. Interstate Paving offers both commercial and residential services. We also handle municipal projects for communities from Chambersburg to York and from Hanover to Carlisle. At Interstate Paving LLC we use only properly maintained state of the art equipment and Penndot approved materials.
We promise competitive pricing and no money down financing, and we accept all major credit cards to make your project as affordable as possible. One of our experienced quality control managers is present on every project to make sure that your asphalt driveway or parking area gets finished to the highest standards. Our trained, professional company employees complete every project, and we never subcontract. This way we guarantee your satisfaction. We also specialize in asphalt restoration. This is a more economical option than a complete tear out and replacement, yet it will preserve your parking lot or driveway for many years. Call us today for your free quote!
Success starts with a clear vision. At Interstate Paving, our vision is a roadmap to the future of our community. We share your south-central Pennsylvania values, which are upheld and brought to life by every member of our team.
Interstate Paving offers an extensive range of paving services for residential and commercial clients in south-central PA. Each and every one of our customers, from large corporations and municipalities to the person with a cracked and crumbling driveway, receives our undivided attention to quality and timely service. Our customers love the results of their paving projects when relying on the hard-working team at Interstate Paving LLC.
That is our promise, and your guarantee!
Facts about asphalt
Asphalt is affordable, easily manufactured and readily available. It’s also the sustainable choice for any residential property or business looking to build, maintain or improve paved surfaces like parking lots and driveways.
What’s more, asphalt provides the best return on investment of any paving material according to the asphalt paving alliance.
When you require maintenance, our asphalt services can extend the life of any asphalt pavement structure indefinitely.
What is asphalt?
Asphalt is a building material composed of aggregates (coarse-to-medium-grained particulate material, i.e. crushed rocks, sand, gravel, etc,) and a sticky, black, highly viscous petroleum liquid known as bitumen used in the construction and maintenance of:
- Parking lots
- Railway tracks
- Airport runways
- Bicycle lanes
- Athletic tracks
Types of asphalt
The asphalt paving alliance categorizes 5 types of asphalt by the type of aggregate used and these determine the structure and strength of the pavement surface.
- Hot Asphalt – A permanent paving and patching solution manufactured and applied at temperatures between 270° F and 325° F in order to maintain pliability until the asphalt cools and becomes unworkable.
- MC Cold Mix/Colt Patch – A temporary application of asphalt laid at colder temperatures to slow the curing process, and best applied in low-traffic areas.
- Warm Mix Asphalt – A permanent paving and patching solution manufactured and applied at temperatures between between 30° F and 120° F, enabling a longer paving season and a longer distance between the materials plant and the job site.
- Porous Mix Asphalt – Often used in parking lots, driveways, playgrounds, and sidewalks, porous mix asphalt solutions allow water to drain through its surface, into the underlying stone recharge bed, where it slowly infiltrates into the soil. Porous mix asphalt solutions offer greater functionality to improve safety, manage stormwater, and eliminate the need to deal with water puddles.
- Dense Grade Asphalt – Used for general purposes and suitable for all pavement layers, dense-grade asphalt is a well-graded hot asphalt mix that provides prolonged durability against punishing weather and traffic conditions.
More information about asphalt from Interstate Paving LLC!
Asphalt Driveways & Parking Lots: A Durable & Cost-effective Choice
When it comes to constructing driveways and parking lots, asphalt stands as one of the most popular and versatile materials. Renowned for its durability, ease of installation, and cost-effectiveness, asphalt has become the go-to choice for both residential and commercial projects.
Interstate Paving LLC: Benefits of Asphalt
1. Durability: One of the primary advantages of asphalt is its exceptional durability. Asphalt surfaces can withstand heavy loads and frequent traffic without showing signs of significant wear and tear. This makes it an ideal choice for areas with high vehicle or foot traffic, such as parking lots and driveways.
2. Flexibility: Asphalt’s flexibility allows it to adapt to temperature fluctuations and minor ground movements without cracking. This makes it particularly suitable for regions with extreme weather conditions, as it can expand and contract without causing structural issues.
3. Quick Installation: Asphalt driveways and parking lots can be installed relatively quickly compared to other materials like concrete. The process involves preparing the base, applying the asphalt mixture, and compacting it. This means less disruption to your property and faster project completion.
4. Cost-Effectiveness: Asphalt is often more cost-effective than alternatives like concrete or interlocking pavers. Not only is the initial installation cost lower, but also the maintenance expenses over the lifespan of the pavement tend to be more affordable.
5. Aesthetic Appeal: While asphalt might be perceived as utilitarian, it can be aesthetically pleasing when properly installed and maintained. Its dark color contrasts well with surrounding landscapes and buildings, providing an appealing visual element.
6. Easy Maintenance: Regular maintenance can prolong the life of your asphalt driveway or parking lot. Sealcoating every few years helps protect the surface from moisture, UV rays, and chemicals, preventing cracks and deterioration. Additionally, patching minor cracks and repairing any damage promptly can prevent them from escalating into larger, costlier problems.
7. Smooth Surface: Asphalt offers a smooth and even surface that’s pleasant to drive or walk on. This is especially important for parking lots, where vehicles need a stable surface for maneuvering and parking.
Interstate Paving LLC: Considerations for Asphalt Projects
1. Proper Installation: While asphalt is relatively easy to install, proper installation is crucial for its longevity and performance. It’s essential to prepare the base correctly, ensuring adequate drainage and compaction. Poor installation practices can lead to premature deterioration. Interstate Paving LLC understands this and will work diligently to ensure your Gettysburg, PA asphalt driveway or parking lot is done right and properly maintained.
2. Maintenance: Regular maintenance is key to maximizing the lifespan of your asphalt driveway or parking lot. Sealcoating, crack sealing, and timely repairs will prevent minor issues from becoming major problems. Neglecting maintenance can result in a shorter lifespan and higher repair costs.
3. Weather Conditions: Extreme weather can affect asphalt surfaces. In colder climates, freeze-thaw cycles can lead to cracking, while in hotter regions, prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays can cause fading and deterioration. Proper sealcoating and routine maintenance can mitigate these effects.
4. Drainage: Adequate drainage is essential to prevent water from pooling on the surface. Standing water can weaken the asphalt and lead to cracks and potholes. Proper slope and drainage systems should be incorporated during installation.
5. Environmental Impact: While asphalt is recyclable and can be reused, its production process involves non-renewable resources like oil. However, innovations in asphalt technology are continually aiming to reduce its environmental impact. Using recycled materials in asphalt mixtures and exploring alternative binders are some of the ways the industry is becoming more sustainable.
6. Longevity: While asphalt is durable, its lifespan is influenced by factors such as usage, maintenance, and weather conditions. On average, well-maintained asphalt surfaces can last around 20-25 years. Regular inspections and prompt repairs can extend this lifespan.
7. Professional Expertise: To ensure the best results, it’s advisable to hire professionals experienced in asphalt installation and maintenance. They can assess your property, recommend suitable asphalt mixtures, and execute the project with precision. Interstate Paving LLC is your go to choice in Gettysburg, PA when you need a new asphalt driveway or parking lot